I posted the X entry of the Alphabet Project this morning, after an absence of updates last week. Let’s hope the stirring, motivational words of Deng Xiaoping will lead me to fully engage in the movement to increase production and to practice economy to set off a new upsurge in industrial production.
We’re taking our monthly vacation in little trips this weekend because we’re responsible for puppy-sitting. Today’s destination is Longwood Gardens, where it will be hot in the sun but pretty to look at. Meanwhile, my business server is down again, so if you need to reach me, call my cell or email the idiot account.
The aforementioned check has arrived. Which means I have a bank run to make this morning, as well as some light grocery shopping. Thank Jeebus.
Why is it that all the motorcycles sold on Craigslist in this area are crotch-rocket ego bikes worth more than my Jeep? All I want is a decent, running Honda CB350, or even a mid-70’s R60. Sheesh.
If I ever get paid, and actually have money in the bank (gasp), this is a partial list of Stuff I’d Like To Buy:
- The birthday present I have picked out for my wife
- Life insurance
- A pair of dress chinos so that I don’t look like a bumbling hick on our client meeting next week
- A new pair of dress shoes to replace the 5-year-old Steve Madden knockoffs I currently own
- A pair of prescription sunglasses to replace the ones I lost in the taxi on the way to our hotel in Rome two years ago
- A set of iPod headphones to replace the ones I’ve got, which are fraying, cracked, and dynamically mismatched
- The ability to finally subscribe to satellite radio, putting the unit we’ve had since December to use
- Extra RAM, a new battery, and a CD-burner for the Thinkpad, which needs to be backed up
Supposedly, there’s a FedEx package on its way with my name on it. If it ever does arrive, I’ll be able to pay 1/2 my upcoming tax bill, the August mortgage, and at least some of my outstanding bills.