Take a shower this morning.
- Rake the leaves out in the front yard, which threaten to swallow our cars.
- Renew my overdue library book and pay the fine. The library’s robot called me this morning to complain.
Finish the baseboards in the dining room. But they’re close.
- Take my vitamins to fend off the flu.
Pull the huge splinter out of the side of my hand from last night. Call the lawyer this morning to talk about my possible business venture.
- Go to Sam’s Club to buy a turkey.
- Copy the receipts from Sears to claim the rebate on our appliances.
- Clean out litterboxes.
You’d think I was sitting around this place eating chocolate and letting the mail pile up at the door, but I’m not. I’ve been going nonstop since I was laid off. We’re getting our plans laid out for Thanksgiving, and I’m overseeing the final touches on the kitchen. The counter guys were out today to fix the sink, which hadn’t been hung correctly. It was detached from the granite in the center by about a half-inch, and the silicone bead had torn loose. Apparently the install guy never braced the front and back, just the sides. So when the disposall got hung from the drain, it pulled the sink down. Thanks for that, buddy.