I picked up the third and fourth screenprint designs from FedEx/Kinko’s last night, and they turned out well. I’ve been using them because Staples wants to charge ~$40 for a box of 50 transparencies, which is highway fucking robbery. I asked the guy behind the counter how much blank sheets would cost, and he said, “$0.14.” I asked him for fifteen, and he wound up just giving me all they had. “I’m not gonna ring you up for a dollar,” he smiled. Sweet. I built the frame and stretched a screen on Sunday, and burned the screen last night, so I’ll pull some proofs this evening to see how they look.
Tomorrow it’s going to be in the high 50’s. Welcome to Baltimore in March!
You can’t see it in the photos, but there’s a fresh coat of white paint on the basement and back doors, as well as a ton of touchups throughout the room. The shade on the back door is new, and there’s a matching shade over the window courtesy of Jen and her sewing machine.
- Drove across the Bay Bridge to stay over with the Morrises, get dressed up like adults, and have a lovely dinner out on the town where our conversations weren’t interrupted every 3 minutes. God, that felt great.
- Transferred my Belgian IPA to the secondary fermenter and dry-hopped it. The final gravity was 0.001% off, so this batch will have an ABV of 6.3% (must have been that pound of candy sugar the recipe called for).
- Pressed a set of onesies for Scout, a set for Finnegan, a pink shirt for Finn, and two adult sizes for me. I used a heat gun to set the ink, and they will get washed sometime in the next couple of days to test how well the ink stays.
- Resurrected a dead hard drive for a client.
- Drive the Scout into work for the first time in 3 months.