Scott Pilgrim is coming to Netflix as an animated series, written and run by the creator, produced by Edgar Wright, and starring the voices of almost everyone from the original movie. This is the good news I needed on an otherwise sour Thursday afternoon.
I think I know what my April beer budget will be going towards: The Dark Star Burner.
This has been making the rounds, but it’s definitely worth a link: a transcript of the Raiders of the Lost Ark story conference. Lucas, Spielberg, and Kasdan at their finest.
I picked up the third and fourth screenprint designs from FedEx/Kinko’s last night, and they turned out well. I’ve been using them because Staples wants to charge ~$40 for a box of 50 transparencies, which is highway fucking robbery. I asked the guy behind the counter how much blank sheets would cost, and he said, “$0.14.” I asked him for fifteen, and he wound up just giving me all they had. “I’m not gonna ring you up for a dollar,” he smiled. Sweet. I built the frame and stretched a screen on Sunday, and burned the screen last night, so I’ll pull some proofs this evening to see how they look.
This group of images scratches so many historical itches, I can’t stand it: photos of Paris from the early 1900s overlaid with shots from this year.
Tomorrow it’s going to be in the high 50’s. Welcome to Baltimore in March!
It’s pretty rare you see sports news here at Idiot Central, but this one is too cool not to notice: Torrey Smith Has Been Interning For Elijah Cummings. Torrey is pretty cool, and Elijah is the real deal. Carry on, gentlemen.
You can’t see it in the photos, but there’s a fresh coat of white paint on the basement and back doors, as well as a ton of touchups throughout the room. The shade on the back door is new, and there’s a matching shade over the window courtesy of Jen and her sewing machine.
Add this to the list of Stuff To Do: How To Assemble A Stupidly Basic Road Trip Tool Kit. I have the socket kit (with an upgraded wrench), jumper cables, a pile of paper maps, a multitool, knife, shovel, and blanket. JB Weld, zip ties, silicone, duct tape and wire all ride in the Scout, and they should be in the other two cars as well. As well as a tire patch kit.
- Drove across the Bay Bridge to stay over with the Morrises, get dressed up like adults, and have a lovely dinner out on the town where our conversations weren’t interrupted every 3 minutes. God, that felt great.
- Transferred my Belgian IPA to the secondary fermenter and dry-hopped it. The final gravity was 0.001% off, so this batch will have an ABV of 6.3% (must have been that pound of candy sugar the recipe called for).
- Pressed a set of onesies for Scout, a set for Finnegan, a pink shirt for Finn, and two adult sizes for me. I used a heat gun to set the ink, and they will get washed sometime in the next couple of days to test how well the ink stays.
- Resurrected a dead hard drive for a client.
- Drive the Scout into work for the first time in 3 months.