Suddenly, one day a few months ago, about 10% of the tracks in my iTunes library suddenly went missing (The little “!” circle showed up in the left column.) I opened up one of the missing tracks, iTunes asked me if I wanted to find it, and I opened the folder to find the track right where it was supposed to be—iTunes had simply “forgotten” it. I searched for a month for a fix for this problem, until I found the solution on an iTunes scripting site: Run Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Repair and choose Repair Permissions. (Close iTunes first.) Problem solved. Not solved. I had to run a script called iTunes Track CPR to fix a lot of the busted track info. I’ll update you more as I clean up the directory.

Date posted: August 11, 2004 | Filed under apple, music | Leave a Comment »

Comments are closed.